Thursday 15 March 2007

Week One Day Four...

Thursday 15th March

9.30 Start.

The first thing I did today was help set up the features for the website design team so that they can format a few bits of the site ready for the 11am demonstration. The demonstration did not go well at all, especially when a few of the presenters were not there. There were a lot of issues surrounding the version we had produced and simply was not ready to go out live on to the Internet come Friday at 12.00. After the presentation I organised the whole cohort based around the groups of features. I made sure that there was a member from each role (Systems Int, Website Design and Design) to support that group of feature by speaking to the role managers who then allocated it accordingly. They all had a copy of the prototype in which they can develop their feature on to. This is the format we will be using starting next week and I believe it has worked very well today. Today I was mainly supporting Simon Collen (Register help feature). He was getting along fine and to be honest he did a lot of the work on his own, I put my suggestions in when they were needed. I was with him through out today until his feature was done to a suitable standard. Today I was mainly checking on the progress of how the groups were working together and making sure everyone was on task. Today we learnt another valuable lesson which we should not come across again next week. However we have all worked well as a team (from those who turned up) and it is all something we should be positive about. It was coming up to 6 when I left for today and Richard Gibbons was near completion of the website integration process. I am fairly confident that we have turned around the disaster from this morning ready for the launch tomorrow.

Email Notification Issue:

As well as that there were some issues surrounding Jennie Bate’s email. A few people thought it was unfair. I and Jennie went round and discussed this with the people that were there; who thought the email was a bit harsh. How ever I totally agree with what Jennie said and a lot of people though that myself and Jennie were being a bit ‘bossy’, but we have resolved this and are open for anyone to come and talk to us. I think what myself and Jennie has done so far has worked and we are always open to suggestions if people are willing to give the input, which seems to be a lack of at the moment.


System Integration:

There have been a number of issues surrounding our roles and we had a meeting today to discuss this. I posted my suggestions earlier this morning and everyone in our team agreed that this is the method we should take. Later on today we came to a decision with the website design team that we will both integrate the site in future, which we will be further discussing tomorrow.

Overview:

Again the day started poorly, but I think we have worked hard today as a cohort to turn this around. There are a few minor tweaks but we should be able to resolve this come next week. I would definitely say that the positives outlay the negatives today which have given me a huge confidence boost in terms of the success of the project.

No comments: