Monday 19 March 2007

Week Two Day One..

9am Start

First thing we did today was get together in our feature set. Because a lot of our features depend on other to work, we thought it would be best to support the first the development of the first feature and so on. Up to 11, I was helping Jennie start her feature. A lot of this was just researching on the Internet.

Project Managers Meeting 11am:

This meeting was not as long as the others because I think we have just got to get on with it. Apart from setting the overview of the week, we decided that programming should start on Monday and that we have daily Cohort Meetings to allow everyone to input their ideas if any.

Systems Integration Meeting 12.30:

The weekly coordinators role was switched to Dan Ransome and Phil Trotman this week because I am developing my feature. We discussed what was expected of us this week again and that we will all have to work harder because there is more features to be developed as well as finishing off last weeks feature set.

Cohort Meeting 4pm:

This was not a bad turn out but there were only a few issues resolved. We all decided on the logo and the marketing side of things, but there seem to be still lack of input. We still have yet to decide on the design of the buttons and the template for the site which was disappointing.

View Cart Feature:

Because my feature depends on 5 other features it was very hard to start this. I basically read up around the topic, using my php book and the Internet. In terms of creating a starting prototype, I think Ive done enough for my feature to work individually but in order to test it correctly I need the information from the other features. Dan Ransome was supporting me all day, which was really helpful. The main problem I have is trying to work out the total price. I could seem to pass the variables from the drop down menu. Hopefully tomorrow the features that link to mine will be done and there should be support available from the lecturers too.

Overview:

I don't think today was very productive, but we have to keep on going. I am annoyed that we didn't get the final design sorted, but I'm sure that will be soon. It is hard to say the progress of my feature at this time, but should have a better view of it tomorrow. Because of my involvement with the whole project last week Im finding it hard just to concenrate on my feature alone. Hopefully it won't affect the final outcome of my feature.

No comments: